26 febrero 2007

Winter in the 'Burgh

I don't want to celebrate yet, but I am ohhh so close to surviving my first winter in Pittsburgh. Although Spring doesn't officially begin until March 20th, I'm escaping the cold this Friday & heading to Chile for 2 weeks! By the time I get back, I fully expect the snow to be melted & the sun to be shining on a 60°F heat-wave shrouded Pittsburgh.

All in all, I think I did a pretty damn good job adjusting to the weather. I complained a lot early on, but as I experienced more lows under 10°F & foot after foot of snow, I came to accept...and maybe even embrace...the coldness. It didn't hurt that I had other real-winter virgins like Gary around as a support group & experienced snow-veterans like Drew to tell us we were a bunch of girls for complaining about 2 lousy inches of snow. Honestly, I don't even remember what it's like to not have to wear layers of jackets & sweatshirts every day! The only downside to this winter...we did not once have classes canceled!

Some snowy, icy highlights from winter 2007:

My street, shrouded in snow & ice.


Icicles on my balcony...which was rendered useless by the cold.

From Winter in the...


From Winter in the...

One thing you can be sure of in the winter...the trees will look awesome!

7 Comments:

At 9:13 p. m., Blogger Pau said...

prepare yourself for the 32 °C of santiago, might sound nice to you, once you're in here it's kind of a hell!!

 
At 1:25 a. m., Blogger JSD said...

Hi man!!!!
Are you in Chile, right?
I got admission in CMU... I'll try to visit CMU campus on March... I hope to see you there...
Have fun in "Chilito Lindo"...

JSD

 
At 8:37 a. m., Blogger Joey Richards said...

Congrats Jorge!!! Lo estoy pasando increible aca en chilito lindo!! (the 32° temperatures are sooo amazing after 2 months of snow!!).

I'll be back on the 17 of march. You are welcome to stay at my apartment as long as you want!

Saludos!!

 
At 5:29 p. m., Blogger JSD said...

Thanks, man!
See you soon...

JSD

 
At 3:48 a. m., Blogger JSD said...

Hi man!
I'm waiting pics from Chile!!!!!!!
I received news from CMU...
I'll go to Pittsburgh on March 23... see you there my friend!

JSD

 
At 11:23 p. m., Blogger Coté said...

When are you going to show us your pictures from Chile?

 
At 4:56 p. m., Blogger Joey Richards said...

Las fotos ya vienen, Cote!!
En Santiago las cargare en la compu y despues pondre las mejores en el blog.

See you in a couple days!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home