14 enero 2007

About time for a break!

The three and a half weeks I had off for winter break can be easily separated into two disjoint sets: before New Years' and New Years' + 2007. Not that either was better, but during the first week and a half of X-mas break I spent all of my time in the greater LA area while in the final 2 weeks I made my way all over the West Coast: from San Diego to Portland to Seattle and then back to LA. The time off was a perfect balance between relaxing and recharging my batteries and having some fun, crazy nights with good friends. I saw some of my amigos from Chile (Renee, Coté, Jorge, Guille, Armin, Alfredo, Sean, etc.) who I hadn't seen since at least June and I spent a couple days with the homies, John, Pete, and Adam, who hadn't been together since May 2005. And hell yeah, we rocked the place.

A Happy New Year to all. May your 2007 be better than your 2006. I experienced quite a roller coaster ride in 2006. The year started off great, with some fantastic times in Chile plus trips to Machu Picchu, Brasil, Patagonia, and the Atacama Desert. I had an amazing time with my Chilean friends, especially in the last few months and also thoroughly enjoyed my research. The return to the states was less harsh than I had imagined: it was great to spend time with my dad and my transition to the 'almost' real world (graduate school) was not as hard as expected. Hugo's death in October was tough to deal with, but I battled through the end of the semester and was rewarded with a spectacular break to end 2006 and kick of 2007. Enjoy these pics and videos from the break!


My dad an I celebrated a nice X-mas together...with our enormous tree!


For New Years' Eve we went to a San Diego Chargers game and then hit up the Gas Lamp District.


Me and my amigos chilenos in Seattle (from L to R, Renee, me, Guille, and Jorge).


Me and Guille eatin' lunch, trying to survive those American portions!


We rocked out at the Experience Music Center in Seattle.


And no trip to Seattle is complete without some Space Needle pics!


And I caught up with Alfredo and Armin on my last night in the Emerald City.


Before truckin' down to LA to see these locos. The homies were again together...so lock up your daughters, lock up your wife, lock up your back door....and run for your life!!!


It was great to see that Pete can still dance!


And even Adam can dance now!!!


And our man Dre could always eat! He put together, and then put away this 10 by 10 at In-n-Out!!

1 Comments:

At 1:25 a. m., Blogger JSD said...

Hi men!
Was a great time at Seattle. Good videos and pictures!
See you on St. Patrick Day at Sound Bend, IN; with Brad and Alfredo...
Cheers

JSD

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home