29 diciembre 2005

Somos los campeones!

A while back the annual observatory olympics were held. My team (the AURA team: CTIO & Gemini) won the championship, winning more than half of the events (the other 2 observatories are Las Campanas & ESO. I played both basketball and futbol. We absolutely dominated in basketball, mainly because we had me, a guy named Jim who is 6-11 (!). I think the final scores were something like 45-15 and 50-12...or something ridiculous like that. In futbol we tied twice (Que fome!), but should have won both. I was pretty much the only gringo playing futbol & the only one without cleats...but it was a good time.


Your 2005 AURA championship basketball team.


This is a pretty picture. The cross in the background is in Coquimbo...it's kind of an eyesore.


Also a pretty picture. The weather here has been like that for the past few weeks.


Not as pretty of a picture...