21 octubre 2005

Si, Estoy en Chile!

Hola a todos! I have been in Chile almost 2 months now. I live in La Serena, a coastal city of 100,000 people and capital of Region IV of Chile. Weather here is almost always cloudy and cold in the morning and then sunny and mild in the afternoon. However, we are creeping toward summer, and it's been getting warmer poquito a poco. I am renting a room (w/private bathroom) next to a house in la comuna Colina El Pino. It's pretty sweet...I pay 75 luca a month (~150 USD) and have access to a kitchen. Plus, it's less than 2 km from my work, so I walk to and fro everyday. The only problem with the place is 4 extremely dogs that live there. But soon, I will punt the small, yappy one over the fence, so things are looking up.

Well, it's Friday afternoon, and I'm meeting some Chilean students for some drinks (there's a university right next to my work), so i will leave you with a picture of the greater La Serena area taken by me from Cerro Grande (Big Hill) a few days ago.